Company Background and Information:
Swift Engineering, Inc.
Swift Engineering provides vertically integrated, multi-disciplined, product development services including design, development, engineering, testing and rapid manufacturing of prototypes, demonstrators and pre-production articles. Swift specializes in vehicles and advanced composites and provides customized solutions for clean sheet vehicle design, large assemblies, to individual components. Swift supports commercial and U.S. national security initiatives in highly complex environments requiring world-class engineering reliability, scalability, flexibility, and rapid manufacturing. Swift Engineering operates within a strict quality controls guideline as well as maintains a Nadcap Composites Accreditation, AS9100, ISO9001 certificates and many customer specific process approvals. Additionally, Swift Engineering’s IRAD/CRAD group also provides internal development of innovative technologies designed for our customers specific requirements, problems, gaps, issues, CONOPS, etc. These technologies are centered around unmanned vehicles, robotics and AI, urban mobility and power management, and avionics/software development.
Swift Tactical Systems
In 2020, Swift opened its Subsidiary, Swift Tactical Systems. STS provides high performance tactical UAS and customer centric UAS services for military and government markets worldwide. We provide contractor services and unmanned system technology that accelerate the flow of timely information, contribute to faster decision making that leads to superior situational awareness. Our products and services deliver value and result in a tactical advantage for the warfighter and protector.
Swift Tactical Systems provides Tactical Unmanned Air Systems (UAS), ISR & UAS Contractor Services, Training, MRO & Depot, Payload Integration & Customization, and Analytics leveraging exclusive multiple disruptive technology platforms.
Company: Swift Engineering, Inc.; also supporting its subsidiary, Swift Tactical Systems
Department: Business Development, Strategy, and Product Commercialization/Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: BD and Technical Sales Manager
The Business Data Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Business Development and Sales team in managing data and reporting responsibilities through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM Tool) which is SalesForce (SF). In addition, they will create, update, and maintain reports using data from all business systems for reporting business health, strategy, sales, proposals, BD efforts, etc. They are also responsible for improving reports and report formats, data gathering, analysis, market research etc.
Essential Job Function:
- Utilizes Salesforce (SF) CRM, MS office Suite, MS Project, and other MS programs
- Experience with MRP solutions, such as Avante, SAP, etc. is desirable
- Company Reporting – help create, update, and maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly reports for Business Development/Sales
- Develops hard copy and electronic reports/charts/dashboards as required. Utilizes analysis models, prototypes and scenarios using Salesforce and other tools
- Has development knowledge of creating web-based reports; specifically experience in Salesforce report creation and dashboard development required
- Conducts sales, competitive and other analyses for management to identify trends/opportunities and provides input for strategic direction. Includes assisting with BD reps for market research and capture strategies, as well as pursue/no-pursue efforts
- In-Situ/Urgent data mining/reports requests for internal company BD/Sales efforts
- Action Item Statuses – assist managers and team in BD/Sales with open action items for leads/opportunities (from Salesforce)
- Help the BD/Sales team with forecasting data to present in reports to upper management of future leads/opportunities of the business
- Help update and maintain data within the company’s software systems to align all reporting
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- May assist in development of new business proposals such as Proposal Negotiations – Assist with data requests for BD/Sales related efforts (charts, graphs, process flow diagrams, etc. when related to DATA)
- Must possess: (1) the ability to contribute to the development of new processes or systems and communicate new concepts; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex marketing/sales issues; (3) strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences; (4) strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of customer representatives; (5) the ability to effectively and efficiently initiate, plan, and manage projects; (6) the ability to represent the company on external projects; (7) and strong computer, documentation and presentation skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Being part of the Swift team means you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a fast-paced work environment that utilizes your skills and listens to your personal goals of how to advance your career within this small business.
- Have an opportunity to shape and develop large scale, innovative projects with a variety of customers across manned and unmanned vehicles across the maritime, ground, aerospace, and space exploration domains.
- Help in developing strategic roadmap by working with key team members to develop and evaluate future business opportunities and partnerships.
This position is best suited to someone with plenty of work experience as a Business Data Analyst utilizing Salesforce (CRM tool), performing some software development in Salesforce, and creating reports and presentations. The successful candidate should also have knowledge of the Business Development and Sales process, including gathering business data that helps provide information to the Business Development team to drive our opportunities to wins.
An ideal candidate would possess a subset of the following skills:
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of business, marketing, sales concepts, techniques, standards, and experience demonstrating those concepts
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours
- Proven ability to effectively research subject matters when required
- Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of people
- Extremely detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Flexible with good time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills and a very confident communicator
- It would be desirable if the candidate had experience with conducting SQL/Access queries and codes VBA/HTML
- Ability to listen and be professional
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and three or more (3+) years progressively complex marketing/sales experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education
- S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field also acceptable
- Master’s degree in Business Administration of Computer Software is desirable
- Must be a US citizen for OPSEC requirement
Primarily working in an office and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may happen occasionally.
Swift is an EOE.
Office environment, indoors, with air-condition. Occasionally may be in an open shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Some remote work may occur due to COVID-19 protocol but will be managed and followed per California Law.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com