Using Avante (MRP/ERP System software) the Buyer is primarily responsible to assure parts and materials are purchased and delivered to achieve on time delivery and conformance to requirements, as directed by the Purchasing Manager. Buyer will also support warehouse function by performing shipping, receiving and inventory activities.
Purchasing Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and submits purchase orders to suppliers for materials, supplies, parts and services, and monitors order status.
- Provides the Purchasing Manager with detailed open orders status reports.
- Expedites purchase orders that threaten to delay schedules.
Warehouse Support Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives deliveries, opens boxes, crates and other containers using hand tools.
- Records amounts/quantities of materials or items received or distributed by manual entry into company ERP system.
- Marks materials with identifying information using labels, permanent markers or other marking devices.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined stocking schemes.
- Stores or distributes materials, parts and other products throughout the facility.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution to production to ensure conformance to order requirements.
- Conveys materials and items from warehouse to production areas, other storage locations or to other designated areas by hand, hand truck, cart or forklift.
- Packs and ships customer orders based on sales order or work order requirements.
- May drive company vehicle to deliver parts or materials to customers or suppliers, or to pick up parts or materials from customers or suppliers.
- Counts inventory and logs data in ERP system during scheduled inventory cycles or as needed.
- Uses computer to make transactions.
- High School diploma.
- 2+ years of experience in a purchasing function.
- 2+ years of shipping/receiving and inventory control experience.
- Strength in attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Some experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in a team environment and report to multiple levels of management.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude.
- 2+ years of college studies, preferably business management or accounting related
- MRP Systems experience
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and offer solutions to problems.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Office environment, warehouse and manufacturing shop environment. Periodic evening and/or weekend overtime work is expected.
Position may require standing and walking for extended periods of time. Candidate must be able to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Candidate must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, and reach. Position requires ability to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Candidate must be able to hear, see, and communicate through written and verbal means. Candidate must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All listed duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE. All employees must be a “US Person” Per ITAR requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com