Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
SwiftX Software is searching for a Certified Scrum Master to guide a highly talented software team in their quest for Agile greatness, focusing on delivering high customer value and continually improving the team’s morale, communication, and production. As a member of a cross-functional team of developers and managers, the CSM will ensure the team is practicing core scrum / agile processes by setting up and leading scrum ceremonies as well as enforcing detailed individual and product tracking. This role interfaces directly with the Director of Software and the Product Owner(s) to negotiate the Product Backlog and provide higher level schedules. This individual should be extremely driven, with good communication and strong interpersonal skills. The right candidate will not only be highly familiar (Certified) with Scrum / Agile methodologies, but have experience interfacing between agile and non-agile teams, being and advocate of Agile practices both within the team and the organization.
Certified Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Manages and leads scrum ceremonies
- Enforces detailed individual and product tracking.
- Negotiates the Product Backlog
- Provides velocity reporting and higher level schedules.
- Stays up to date with Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Advocates for Agile practices both within the team and the organization.
- Provides support for team members on the Scrum and Collaboration Tools.
- Shields team from interferences and removes impediments.
- Encourages team members to become more self-managed and cross-functional.
- Facilitates a positive team dynamic vs. and individualistic attitude
- Comply with all corporate policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum two (2) + years’ experience supporting a team as a Scrum Master or similar.
- Experience with Scrum, Lean and/or XP inspired practices required.
- Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- Deep Experience using Scrum Tools (CA Agile Rally preferred)
- Extremely Organized, Keeps Commitments
- Highly ethical and respectful, showing sensitivity for diverse cultural, educational, and social backgrounds
- Positive demeanor, able to mediate disagreements and facilitate reduction of stress within the team
- High level of motivation.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Software Lead
Primarily work remotely and/or office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com