CNC Machinist will be producing machined parts and tools by programming, setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
The parts and tools produced are for the aerospace, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), motorsport, and other product line industries that are developed at our facility. Swift-Ops operates within varying product life cycle stages, which ranges from demonstration/prototype stage to in-production stage.
Work shifts typically start 6:00 am with a 30 minute meal break. It is expected that personnel be willing to work night shifts and weekends, if needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Program mills and lathes with MasterCam, by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Proofing written programs
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts when multiple shifts are in place.
- Work with engineering and other composite technicians to execute projects.
- Understand and comply with expectations and requirements dictated by project schedules, travelers, task orders, work instructions, specs, and/or drawings.
- Monitor and audit travelers/planning to ensure that they are properly completed.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Supports and complies with all quality standards and management systems (Swift Internal, NADCAP & AS9100)
- Communicate with other functional areas about issues effecting quality and/or productivity.
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and regulations
- Elevate employee issues to management
- 5+ years minimum in CNC machining experience in composites and metallics, preferably in aerospace, UAV, motorsport, and/or prototype environment.
- Capable of programming using MasterCam and creating programs from model-based definitions(CAD) and blueprints.
- Functional and technical skills required for CNC machining and GD&T tasks. This would include the usage of measuring devices.
- Capable of operating manual machines (mills and lathes)
- Applied knowledge of tolerances and blueprint reading.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude required for mechanical assemblies and ability to use shop aides/fixtures/jigs to mitigate potential assembly/tolerance stack-up risks.
- Ability to understand and maintain compliance with various quality management systems (AS9100, NADCAP, Swift, external/customer)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting as required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- A US Person (Resident Alien or US Citizen) per ITAR requirements.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Experience machining honeycomb core, epoxy tooling boards, foams, aerospace-grade aluminum and titanium.
- Experience working with aerospace prime contractors
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude in mechanical assemblies and ability to use shop aides/fixtures/jigs to mitigate potential assembly/tolerance stack-up risks.
- Experience in metal fabrication (welding, forming, shears, saws)
- Quality Management, NADCAP, and AS9100 experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
CNC Machines, manual machines, special hand tools.
Open shop environment. Occasionally in warehouse
Protective Equipment Required:
Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, respirators, breathing equipment.
Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, airborne substances, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager for Swift-Ops
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com