The Controller plays a critical role in overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Accounting group, allowing the CFO to focus on larger tactical and strategic objectives. The Controller position is responsible for all the traditional accounting functions including AP, AR, GL, financial reporting, cash management, budgeting, compliance, and audit. The Controller will maintain an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and directly oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, ensuring accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, accounts receivable are collected promptly, bank accounts are reconciled timely, GL account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely, revenues and costs are recognized and recorded appropriately.
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate monthly consolidated financial statements and management reports are prepared and delivered in accordance with due dates.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and manage cash requirements on a routine basis.
- Research and document technical accounting memos for contract revenue recognition.
- Proactively identify, develop, and document process improvements to streamline processes and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal reporting requirements including internal and external audit requirements.
- Guide financial decisions and protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Prepare budgets and achieve objectives by establishing schedules, collecting data, analyzing trends, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, consolidating financial data, recommending plans, and initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare ad hoc or special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, disciplining, monitoring, and appraising employees.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and as business needs evolve.
Experience in accounting, corporate finance, managing processes, developing standards, analyzing information, developing budgets, tracking budget expenses, financial software, coordinating audits, and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field.
- Complete and thorough understanding of manufacturing cost accounting and GAAP financial accounting practices.
- CPA or Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience and job responsibilities including supervisory experience.
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing ERP systems. Experience with Avante ERP system is preferred.
- 3+ years of Controller experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- In depth knowledge of accounting practices and reporting for government contracts and subcontracts in the aerospace and/or defense industry to support compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and U.S. government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and experience working with U.S. government agencies DCAA and DCMA preferred.
- An organized collaborator looking to partner with others to teach and encourage progress and development.
- Role requires ability to resolve complex accounting issues and find business solutions meeting compliance requirements as well as day to day problem resolution.
- Dealing with confidential company data and sensitivity to the data.
- A team player interested in the organization’s success and recognizes that an organization’s success is their success.
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Computer Skills Required:
- Manufacturing ERP Systems
- Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign
- Working connection with all of company’s programs and systems
Primarily in an office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: CFO
Supervises: Accounting & Finance Personnel
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org