Electrical Technician will be working closely with Operations Manager-Manufacturing, Engineer(s), and Program Manager(s) to support Swift-Ops with an emphasis on the production of Swift products and technologies.
Electrical Technician will assemble, test, troubleshoot, and repair complex electromechanical devices in prototype and low rate production environment. The ideal candidate will also develop assembly documentation and test procedures. They shall be able to work in multi-disciplinary teams and proactive in using personal creativity, research and industry innovation to progress Swift Engineering. Should have hands-on fabrication and quality experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, install, diagnose, calibrate, and repair electrical systems.
- Read schematics for electronics troubleshooting and rework
- Write assembly manuals, test procedures, reports
- Collect data and interpret data in a useful manner
- Maintain an electronics station (equipment and tools) and track inventory of electronic parts
- Work with microcontrollers (various types) and debug micro circuitry
- Printed circuit board layout for simple boards (breakout boards)
- Collaborate with manufacturing team and engineering to increase manufacturing throughput and reduce costs.
- Perform all necessary operations in ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) system
- Train apprentices as required
- Support and comply with all quality standards and management systems (Swift Internal, NADCAP & AS9100)
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and regulations
- 3+ years work experience with electronic and electromechanical wiring harnesses, connectors, and wire terminations
- 3+ years work experience with microscopes, oscilloscopes, multi-meter, soldering iron, etc for miniature/small electronic and electromechanical devices
- 3+ years work experience with electromechanical (microcontroller) circuitry, debugging, and repairing.
- Strong soldering skills, including miniature surface-mount technology assembly and rework
- Ability to read schematics for electronics troubleshooting and rework
- Proficient at building high-reliability and installing wiring harnesses
- Strong electrical aptitude in electrical assemblies
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive and effective team; Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated self-starter – Takes initiatives required to increase throughput
Preferred, but not required
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent
- Strong understanding of integrated circuit components
- Experience inspecting, servicing, and reworking printed circuit boards; diagnosing cause of failure to component level
- Experience with environmental testing (i.e. electromagnetic interference/radio-frequency interference, electromagnetic compatibility, temperature)
- Experience testing software using engineer’s guidance/test specifications and test cases
- CAN(controller area network) bus knowledge
- High current (>40 Amp) measuring and cable experience
- Waterproof parts experience
- Experience writing assembly manuals and test procedures
- Experience integrating circuit boards within the overall system
- Industries Experience – marine, automotive, motorsport, aviation, aerospace and energy
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Operations Manager – Manufacturing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Work Location: Open shop and laboratory environment.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, respirators, breathing equipment.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, airborne substances, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Work shifts typically start at 6:00 A.M. with a 30-minute meal break.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org