Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented embedded RF Integration and Test Engineer position, located in San Clemente, CA. The ideal candidate would have interest and/or experience with unmanned systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing or Testing real-time, embedded systems, incorporating RF devices and sensor subsystems used in unmanned flights for data collection: radios, EO/IR sensing systems, gimbals, accelerometers, temperature, pressure, measurement sub-systems.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical engineering, physics or other related discipline with equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Design or Test of embedded systems (Bare Metal &/Or RTOS) incorporating many of the following:
- Interface with ISM band radios (any of the: 900MHz, 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz bands)
- Communication protocols for narrowband and Spread spectrum (Direct sequence and or frequency hop cellular radios)
- EO/IR sensor devices /subsystems
- Analog and digital Sensor interfaces and protocols
- Control of Gimbal based devices
- Good understanding of guiding board design for component placement and layout of mixed digital, analog, and RF electronics and antennas to prevent EM interference and susceptibility.
- Extensive experience in translating customer requirements to technical specs and delivering on those specs in cost effective manner.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and deploying these in our products.
- High degree of comfort with use of hardware and Software Test tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, Spectrum analyzers, Multimeters, RF power meters, vector scopes, antennae pattern analysis)
- Hands-on experience in integrating electro-mechanical systems
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Manager Embedded Systems
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com