Engineering Intern is an entry level position, working under close supervision, to provide support to project engineers who are responsible for all tasks pertaining to realization of parts / products, in coordination with all other departments within the company.
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations
Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites. Engineering Intern ensures that a part / product are effectively and successfully realized and design / development projects are effectively and successfully executed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product / Part Design
- Tool / Jig Design
- Engineering calculations / analysis
- Create Engineering reports / presentations
- Create internal specifications and procedures
- Establishing product structures (Item, BOM, Routing, Customer spec summary, Manufacturing aide, etc.) in the company’s ERP/MRP system per operating procedures
- Communicate changes and deviations to Manufacturing by releasing revisions, red-lines and Engineering Orders through Senior Engineers
- Developing ply patterns and creating cut files
- Physical manufacturing of parts and assemblies
- Quality Assurance support
- Create / support product and project estimation
- Customer spec review
- BS degree in-progress in Engineering
- Fundamental mathematics
- Fundamental physics
- Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment.
Must be US Person per ITAR requirements due to our contracts.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com