This position is to efficiently keep Operations’ work process and flow running smoothly and will be a dynamic, multi-tasking role. Requires strong interpersonal skills as the Engineering Manager will be working with individuals and groups to obtain cooperation and support as required in a timely and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish resource plan that is aligned with sales and marketing strategy
- Identify capabilities that are lacking in order to execute sales and marketing strategy, and fill them through hiring or training
- Establish training plan for engineers
- Sets and articulates performance goals and standards
- Evaluate performance against goals and provide feedback to the engineers (conduct reviews)
- Resolve issues and conflicts and support team morale
- Create short, mid and long-term resource plans
- Ensure that engineers are allocated and utilized effectively (right resource on right task) and efficiently (utilized to have minimal down time but with minimal multi-tasking of an individual)
- In conjunction with the Senior Director and Senior Engineers, Engineering Manager provides assistance for engineers to accomplish their tasks. (If a junior engineer is struggling with the task, provide guidance, or request other, appropriately skilled engineer to support).
- Set task goals for each project on, at minimum, a weekly basis
- Ensure engineers’ work standards and ethics are maintained
- Support Senior Director in reviewing and managing project schedules and costs
- Support Senior Director in reviewing and authorizing estimates and proposals
- Work with engineers and technicians and come up with optimal manufacturing approach for a product
- Work closely with Senior Director, Quality Director and Manufacturing Manager to ensure all Operational Procedures, Process Specifications and Material Specifications are followed by engineers
- Approve Engineering Drawings, models and Task Orders as necessary
- Conduct ply buy offs as necessary
- Formulate and approve autoclave recipe
- Establish and execute capability enhancement and cross training plans
- Manage attendance
- Has ultimate responsibility for the Engineering output
- Must have Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Excellent people skills
- Must have composites experience
- Must have hands-on experience working on mechanical components either in professional or non-professional environment
- Team player that looks at the overall company strategic picture as well as handling tactical tasks to keep projects running.
- Adaptable to a complex and ever changing business environment.
- Will work closely in a collaborative environment with our engineers and technicians.
- Will be adaptable and flexible to continuously learning due to our dynamic working environment.
- You will be expected to provide clear, concise direction and project guidance to employees in a positive collaborative manner.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations / General Manager
Supervises: Operations Engineers
Budgets: Will Manage Budget
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Some weekend or evening work is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org