This position is to keep Operations’ work process and flow running smoothly in a consistent manner and will be a dynamic, multi-tasking role. Requires strong interpersonal skills as you will be working with individuals and groups to obtain cooperation and supports as required in timely and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute and enforce integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures to meet company functional objectives.
- Create short, mid and long-term resource plan that is aligned with sales and marketing strategy as well as forecasted program needs
- Work with Sr. Director of Operations and Program Managers to determine engineering resource plan to support programs
- Establish and implement generic training (plan) for engineers. This includes Operating Procedures and company-wide practices
- Work closely with Senior Director of Operations and other functional managers to ensure, Operating Procedures, Process Specifications and Material Specifications are followed by engineers
- Sets and articulate performance goals and standards for engineers
- Evaluate performance against goals and provide feedback to the engineers (conduct reviews)
- Resolve issues and conflicts and support team morale
- Ensures that engineers are allocated and utilized effectively (right resource on right task) and efficiently (utilize to have minimal down time but with minimal multi-tasking of an individual)
- In conjunction with the Senior Director and Senior Engineers, Engineering Manager provides assistance to engineers to accomplish their tasks. (If a junior engineer is struggling with the task, provide guidance, or request other, appropriately skilled engineer to support).
- Set task goals for each project on at minimum, bi-weekly basis
- Ensure engineers’ work standards and ethics are maintained
- Support Senior Management in reviewing and managing project schedule and cost
- Support Senior Management in reviewing and authorizing estimates and proposals
- Work with engineers and technicians and come up with optimal manufacturing approach for a product
- Approve Engineering Drawings, models and Task Orders as necessary
- Establish and execute capability enhancement and cross training plans
- Must have Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent people skills
- Team player that looks at the overall company strategic picture as well as handling tactical tasks to keep projects running.
- Adaptable to a complex and ever changing business environment.
- Will work closely in a collaborative environment with our engineers and technicians.
- Will be adaptable and flexible to continuously learning due to our dynamic working environment.
- Must have hands-on experience working on mechanical components either in professional or non-professional environment
- Must be fluent in MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Project (or equivalent Project Management tool)
- You will be expected to provide clear, concise direction and project guidance to employees in a positive collaborative manner.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of managing experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations / General Manager
Supervises: Operations Engineers
Budgets: Will Manage Budget
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Some overtime, weekend or evening work is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift is an EOE.
Due to our ITAR contracts must be “US Person”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org