The Expeditor is responsible to assure parts and materials are purchased and delivered as required to achieve on time delivery and total customer satisfaction. The Expeditor provides coordination amongst the Engineering, Planning, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams on behalf of the Program team. The position is responsible for coordination of purchased materials and components to support build requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Expedites open Purchase Order deliveries and follows up with suppliers on shipment status.
- Problem resolution – flags schedule concerns and reports status to the Program, helps resolve receiving/invoicing issues.
- Provides ongoing supplier progress reviews and expedites orders where required for on-time delivery.
- Prepares reports and data as required; participates in status meetings with Program Management and customers.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing & Purchasing to determine progress of work and completion dates.
- Coordinates material flow between internal departments and outside sources to align with Program priorities.
- Effectively communicates schedule deviations to all internal groups.
- Ensures that all business activities are performed with highest ethical standards.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal (primarily in the English language), and written communication skills
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while balancing input and demands from many sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- High School diploma
- Experience with generating and presenting reports
- Ability to work in a team environment and report to multiple levels of management.
- Strength in attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and demonstrated willingness to exceed the expectations of the customer, company and team.
- Some experience in a manufacturing industry
- Some experience in warehouse activities (shipping/receiving/inventory control)
- MRP Systems experience
- 2+ years of college studies in business program or related study and 2+ years’ experience in Expediting, Purchasing, or similar environment
Computer Skills Required:
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficiency or ability to become proficient, with company’s software programs and systems (Intranet & ERP System).
Primarily in an office environment, and some manufacturing environment. Periodic weekend or evening work may be expected. Frequent visits to suppliers expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All listed duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com