Swift Product and Technology (SPT) Division ensures that Swift stays an innovative and disruptive company within the current markets it serves and new markets.
SPT Engineering Intern ensures that a part / product is effectively and successfully realized and design / development projects are effectively and successfully executed. An Engineering Intern at Swift is someone who has a passion for advanced projects and creating unique solutions using personal creativity, research and industry innovation. He or she is analytically sound, has a well-established rapid prototyping background and loves to work in multi-disciplinary teams yet is an independent self-starter.The ideal candidate has a reputation for hands-on learning, quality, ethics, approachability, and being able to handle the smallest technical details. We are always looking for creative people who can make projects happen.
Swift is looking for a mechanical/aerostructures intern studying mechanical, thermal and fluids design/analysis with an emphasis on mechanical/aerospace structures. Should be well versed in prototyping using composites and metals, understand basic mechanical analysis techniques, be proficient in CAD modeling (preferably Solidworks), and be comfortable being part of the flight test crew. Member of the SAE Formula Team or the Design, Build, Fly team is a plus. An AMA pilot who has built and flies their own aircraft also a plus.
Each candidate will be required to spend a minimum of 20 hours/week at Swift Engineering. Seeking Interns interested in working full time for a semester.
Being part of the Swift team means you will have the opportunity to:
- Support hardware and/or software prototypes to provide feedback to the final design, including hands-on fabrication
- Contribute to multiple segments of the project from paper design to final customer sell-off
- Research and provide input on new emerging technologies or low cost & rapid manufacturing techniques
- Learn/Discover white space in current industry, drive to expand upon it, then become an industry leader
- Be part of a fast-paced work environment that utilizes your skills and listens to your personal goals
Desired skills and/or interests:
- Passion for multiple technologies and sitting on the cutting edge
- Interest in aviation and robotics
- Utilizes free time to work on DIY projects and open-source architectures
- Entrepreneurial individual
- BS degree in-progress in Engineering
- Fundamental mathematics
- Fundamental physics
- Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Chief Scientist
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org