Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a Flight Test Software Support Engineer located in San Clemente, CA. As part of the Software team, you will have a large impact on Swift’s Unmanned Aerial Systems by interfacing with and supporting the flight test and software teams. You will test new software in both simulation (software-in-the-loop tests) and actual avionics hardware (hardware-in-the-loop tests, aircraft ground tests, and flight tests): helping to ensure safety and quality in flight testing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces and Provides Constant Feedback with Software and Flight Test Teams
- Deploys software and firmware to Software-In-The-Loop Simulators, Hardware-In-the-Loop test fixtures and SwiftX Engineering Test Aircraft
- Performs Software-In-The-Loop, Hardware-In-The-Loop, Aircraft Ground, and Flight Tests
- Performs data collection and post-processing
- Creates Reports / test artifacts and provides Feedback to Software Team
- Generates and Validates Testing Procedures
Candidates must have a positive attitude, a high level of professionalism, empathy, self-awareness, and a desire to continually improve and learn. The preferred candidate will not sweat the small stuff, have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- Previously Enrolled in accredited Robotics, Computer Science, or Aerospace Engineering program
- Have a broad understanding of Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Must be team spirited, positive, and have a can-do attitude
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- S. in Robotics, Computer Science, or Aerospace Engineering or related Engineering field
- Experience in startup or agile development environments
- Experience with PX4 / Pixhawk flight stack.
- Experience with video editing
- Experience with programming / flashing embedded processors (i.e. STM32, Arduino, etc.)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X Director of Software
Primarily in a shop and office environment. Weekly travel to local southern California flight test sites.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com