- Work with peers to establish requirements for flight software
- Work with peers to define software and system architecture
- Design and implement simple and reliable flight software
- Write comprehensive unit tests
- Test software in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- Work with peers to establish requirements for flight control system
- Source, select and analyze flight sensors
- Design and implement flight control algorithms
- Develop flight simulation programs
- Test control algorithms in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- 4-year college degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience (aerospace engineering, robotics or equivalent field)
- 5+ years experience developing C++ for embedded, high-performance or other critical applications
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS in aerospace engineering, robotics or equivalent field
- Previous experience working in a DO-178 environment
- Previous experience shipping a product
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems and networking
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough attention to detail
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Some weekend or evening work is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com