Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineer located in San Clemente, CA. As part of the Systems Engineering Team, you will work with the existing autopilot systems for Swift’s High Altitude Unmanned Aerial Systems. You will be responsible for system control architecture, flight stability and controls tuning, analyze linear and non-linear controls, GN&C software development and test, as well as, maintaining high-fidelity 6-DOF simulations. In this role, you will engage in frequent multi-disciplinary collaboration and work side by side with team members with the overall System Architecture, Design, Integration, and Testing to ensure the highest quality product for our customers. The Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineer is an integral part of the flight vehicle and requires deep care and attention to detail in order to fulfill our mission.
Candidates must have a positive and can-do attitude, and a desire to continually improve and learn. The preferred candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in systems, software, aerospace engineering or field related to GN&C responsibilities
- 5+ years experience in aerospace industry (UAS preferred)
- 5+ years experience with flight hardware/software and real-world flight testing experience
- Experienced with developing linear and non-linear flight dynamic models
- Experienced with aerodynamic stability, control modes, and navigation controls (e.g. GPS/INS, state determination, attitude estimation)
- Experienced with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and software-in-the-loop (SIL) simulations and techniques
- Demonstrated competence with classical and modern controls design, analysis, and simulation
- Experienced with existing autopilot solutions and ground control station interfaces
- Understanding of the functionality of major aircraft subsystems and avionics
- Ability to work with product development engineers to derive test requirements based on product specifications and modifications
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experienced with Matlab Simulink and aerospace toolbox
- C/C++/Python/Visual Studio
- Proficient with digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, and signal processing
- Possess an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Hands-on leader
- Highly intellectual and analytical
- Challenge seeker who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: R&D Manager
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com