Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites and technologies, Unmanned Systems and Robotics. Swift Product and Technology (SPT) Division ensures that Swift stays an innovative and disruptive company within the current markets it serves and new markets.
SPT Engineering Intern ensures that a part / product is effectively and successfully realized and design / development projects are effectively and successfully executed. An Engineering Intern at Swift is someone who has a passion for advanced projects and creating unique solutions using personal creativity, research and industry innovation. He or she is analytically sound, has a well-established rapid prototyping background and loves to work in multi-disciplinary teams yet is an independent self-starter. The ideal candidate has a reputation for hands-on learning, quality, ethics, approachability, and being able to handle the smallest technical details. We are always looking for creative people who can make projects happen.
Swift is looking for a robotics/software intern studying software design and architecture who is interested in robotic systems, has integrated multiple sensors on developmental platforms, and is knowledgeable about most common communication protocols in embedded systems (i.e. serial, I2C, SPI, etc). You will be working on robotic hand project as well as supporting the E-Nable program currently established with local college. The candidate should be well versed in standard prototyping microcontrollers and knowledgeable about multiple professional microcontroller platforms. Member of a formal University sponsored team is a plus (i.e. Robotics Team or similar). Required to have C++ experience.
Each candidate will be required to spend a minimum of 20 hours/week at Swift Engineering. Ideal candidate will be able to work 40 hours for the semester.
Being part of the Swift team means you will have the opportunity to:
- Support hardware and/or software prototypes to provide feedback to the final design, including hands-on fabrication
- Contribute to multiple segments of the project from paper design to final customer sell-off
- Research and provide input on new emerging technologies or low cost & rapid manufacturing techniques
- Learn/Discover white space in current industry, drive to expand upon it, then become an industry leader
- Be part of a fast-paced work environment that utilizes your skills and listens to your personal goals
Desired skills and/or interests:
- Experience or familiar with 3D printing, rapid prototyping
- Experience with micro controllers ( arduino, and raspberry pi).
- Passion for multiple technologies and sitting on the cutting edge
- Interest in aviation and robotics
- Entrepreneurial individual
- BS degree in-progress in Engineering
- Solidworks experience
- Additive Manufacturing Knowledge/Experience
- Professional Communication Skills
- Interest in Outreach
- Interest/knowledge of biomedical devices
- C/C++ some experience ideally
- Matlab some experience ideally
- Fundamental mathematics
- Fundamental physics
- Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Chief Scientist
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org