Description: IS Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: IS Manager
A Swift information systems (IS) administrator manages the company’s computer infrastructure and related areas of concern. Will manage network technology, IT security and the software platforms used by the company. Will implement data storage infrastructure and access protocols and rules within the company. The IS administrator’s job includes assisting company employee’s access and use of data, as well as their interaction with each other via computer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Help Desk tickets in a timely manner
- Respond to users’ issues via phone, email and computer chat
- Provide users assistance
- Document users’ interactions
- Run diagnostics to resolve customer reported issues
- Escalate issues to the next Tier with next level of difficulty
- Install, make changes and repair computer hardware and software
- Follow-up with customers to ensure issues are resolved
- Setup and maintain users’ workstations and cables.
- Ensuring data backups are consistently done to protect company data in case of system failures.
- Ensures proper functioning of the information processing system and oversees necessary upgrades.
- Helps business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency.
- Ensures computer equipment, hardware, and software are updated to meet organizational needs
- Prepare, maintain and keep updated IT procedures and documentation related to our processes and platform.
- Manage resources and processes required to implement and support all information products and services.
- Participates in the process of developing and implementing the IT system for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contributes to requirement estimates and planning coordination for installing system improvements on the basis of technological developments and business needs.
- Operates systems to support company operations and service in the most efficient manner and modifies infrastructure as needed to give maximum support.
- Takes action to ensure the reliability, efficiency, and confidentiality of information systems.
- Provides hands-on network management, including wide area, local area, and remote access capabilities.
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in administration of business and engineering computer systems.
- One or more years of experience in an IT related job environment
- Strong analytic skills.
- Proficiency in and enthusiasm for latest technology for IT systems and management
- Knowledge and experience with PC hardware and software technology as well as system administration, file interchange, shared network resources, Internet access, and electronic mail
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills.
- One or more years of experience with LAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems (NT, LAN Server), network topologies and protocols (TCP/IP, SMB, NetBIOS), and Wide Area Networking
- Ability to deal with and meet deadlines.
- Experience in engineering and manufacturing environments helpful.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with management and coworkers across departments.
- Ability to deal with sensitive confidential information.
- Ability to multi task – need to be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and work demands with interruptions while staying on track.
Computer Skills Required:
- Computer proficiency: all Windows operating systems, Linux and Mac.
- Hands-on technical skills required: VMWare, vCenter Server, Windows Server 2012 Data Center R2, WSUS, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Web Services, Dell Servers, All Types of Laptop and Desktop PCs, SCCM, SANs and NAS Storage Devices, Network Switches, Gateways and Firewalls
- General knowledge of cybersecurity practices, NIST 800-171, DEFARS, CMMC
Long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. May involve data inputting for extensive time periods in a day. Primarily in office and shop environments as required. Must adhere to shop safety practices and procedures.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Must be “US PERSON” per ITAR requirements. Swift is an EEOC.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org