Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a Jr. Electrical/Embedded Engineer located in San Clemente, CA. As part of the Avionics team, you will have a large impact on Swift’s Unmanned Aerial Systems. You will personally help develop the avionics hardware, software, and system architecture. You will help establish requirements and contribute to hardware and software reviews. You will primarily test both hardware and embedded software with software-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop, simulation, and flight test, in partnership with the Vehicle Systems team. You will contribute in rapid prototyping including architecture design, development, and implementation of micro-controller and FPGA hardware and firmware solutions, including design, implementation, integration, and test of components, subsystems, and systems. The embedded electronics are an integral part of the flight vehicle and require deep care and attention to detail in order to fulfill our mission.
You will be responsible for delivering highly reliable electronics design and test reports for multiple product lines. Implementing best practices and ensuring high-quality products are also quite important, as this is an opportunity to work on systems and modules that will be reused and iterated for future flights and vehicle upgrades. This position is multifaceted and you are expected to help this highly technical team grow as we progress.
Candidates must have a positive attitude, a high level of professionalism, empathy, self-awareness, and a desire to continually improve and learn. The preferred candidate will not sweat the small stuff, have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- Must be working towards obtaining a B.S. in Electrical Engineering /or other engineering discipline with equivalent experience
- 0-1 years experience with hardware and software board bring-up
- 0-1 years experience with embedded interfacing such as CAN bus, SPI, I2C, RS485, between MCUs
- Experience with RTOS systems preferred
- Have a broad understanding of Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Understanding of embedded C/ C++/ GIT
- Use of electronics principles including schematic design, board layout, block diagrams, and electrical component theory
- Proficient in the use of electronics equipment including Oscilloscopes, Digital Logic Analyzer, multi-meters, soldering irons, and microscope inspections
- Experience with operating system fundamentals for embedded systems, networking and Linux
- Electronics and Mechanical Integration experience; Wire harness and service loop design, electronics prototyping, and soldering
- Must be team spirited, positive, and have a can-do attitude
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience in startup or agile development environments
- Experience with Pixhawk controller and modifying/creating modules in PX4 and/or APM Flight Stack
- Familiarity with cybersecurity requirements for client-side execution and data sharing
- Demonstrated ability to work with control engineers to implement control laws into embedded controllers
- Computer vision-based navigation, detect and avoid, multi-sensor based landing system, and smart fail safe knowledge, experience or interest
- BVLOS operations utilizing satcomm, LTE,
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X Technical Program Manager
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com