Swift Engineering Inc, is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented Lead Electrical Technician. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced environment that will assemble, test, troubleshoot, and repair complex electromechanical devices in an R&D environment. The Lead Electrical Technician will be responsible for developing, building, coordinating and maintaining electronics, wire harnesses, and assembly/integration lab space. The ideal candidate will also develop assembly documentation and test procedures.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X R&D Manager
The Lead Electrical Technician under Swift-X will provide updates, maintenance and sustainment of current and future product logs providing the value necessary to output high quality products and generate key revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-starter: understanding of team direction and required actions to achieve the team goals.
- Ability to lead and coordinate wire harness prototyping, procurement, production, assembly, and testing efforts.
- Experience creating, tracking, and updating product Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Engineering Drawings
- Ability to read schematics, create, and review REV controlled electrical engineering drawings that helps to define and illustrate specific requirements, processes, and designs.
- Excellent documentation skills, including experience writing assembly manuals, test procedures, reports, data collection and reduction of that data
- Strong soldering skills, including miniature SMT assembly and rework
- Able to maintain an electronics station (equipment and tools) and track inventory of electronic parts
- Capable of working with microcontrollers (various types) and debugging micro circuitry; strong understanding of internal IC components is helpful
- Proficient at building high-reliability wiring harnesses, electronics troubleshooting and rework
- Ability to balance multiple projects and communicate project status, issues and requirements efficiently
- PCB layout for simple boards (breakout boards) and understands servicing and reworking PCB boards
- Responsible for all ESD matter (environment and training)
- Sets up test bench/apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units
- Utilizes MRP system for time recording, product tracking, work completion, and scheduling
- Experience setting up test benches for electronics quality checks
- Experience testing software using engineer’s guidance/test specifications and test cases
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in Lead Electrical, testing, assembly, electromechanical wiring harnesses, connectors, wire terminations, troubleshooting of electrical systems or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience working with microscopes, oscilloscopes, multi-meter, soldering iron, etc for miniature/small electronic and electromechanical devices
- 5+ years working on electromechanical (microcontroller) circuitry, debugging, and repairing.
- Experience with EMC measuring devices/tests
- Experience managing PCB /board manufacturing suppliers and quality checks upon arrival; diagnosing cause of failure to component level
- Experience integrating boards within the overall system
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, through and timely manner
- Teamwork: Work with other people in cooperation and as a good team member.
- Must have strong electrical aptitude in electrical assemblies. Industries such as marine, automotive, motorsport, aviation, aerospace and energy are relevant fields of experience.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Able to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
- Motivation to document work and close out projects
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com