Support Human Resources. Processing semi-monthly payroll. Supporting department projects, activities and/or program implementation (benefits, leaves, recruiting). Support new companies and/or subsidiaries. Must practice high level of confidentiality due to HR data and ensure HR files are secure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process semi-monthly payroll under guidance of HR Manager. Meet payroll deadlines. Provide payroll summary data to Swift CFO and Matsushita (MIC) Controller/CFO for semi-monthly payroll processing.
- Calculating wages accurately, pro-rating accruals and paychecks, set up hourly new hires on ADP Time & Attendance, input new hire employee information into ADP, updating employee data across all HRIS systems the company utilizes. Verify vacation and sick leave balances, audit timecards for hours, meal breaks, sick and vacation, generate reports and ad-hoc as needed. Tracking lunch break waivers, sending re-training emails to managers.
- Upload electronic payroll reports and run and upload workers comp. report for Finance. Generate sick/vacation balance report for shop lead.
- Releases company funds for 401k with vendor on pay dates. Load annual company matches into 401k administration system, input quarterly HSA employer contribution.
- Administering HSA by opening employee accounts with vendor when the employee enrolls in the HSA plan, processing the company quarterly contribution through into HSA vendor’s system and updating in ADP.
- Annual audit of payroll data for creation and filing of 1094-C and 1095-C forms.
- Assists with recruiting by placing ads, booking interviews, drafting offer letters.
- Assist HR Manager with LOAs, W/C, benefits.
- Assist with benefit open enrollments and forwarding enrollment data to broker
- Provide assistance to employees with general questions for payroll or benefits.
- Onboarding: process I-9 verification with E-Verify, run background reports, conduct new hire orientation and onboarding. Audit new hire paperwork for completion and compliance.
- Ensure and follow-up on HR compliance requirements, i.e. keep HR posters up-to-date, OSHA 300 Posting, ACA reporting, etc.
- Keep current with laws and compliance issues with on-going education on relevant payroll and HR subjects.
- Coordinate open enrollment and 401K on site meetings.
- Swift is under Executive Order 14042 and will require employees to be fully vaccinated or apply for medical or religious exemption if the stay is lifted.
- Prefer Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent directly related work experience. Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- 2+ years of HR and payroll experience with ADP Workforce Now or similar payroll system.
- Familiar with benefits, 401K, Payroll, ACA, HSA plans.
- Ability to deal with and meet deadlines.
- Must have analytical abilities to resolve payroll issues
- Ability to grasp multiple concepts dealing with payroll and HR protocols.
- Aerospace manufacturing environment experience helpful.
- Attention to detail, basic math skills to calculate payroll data.
- Customer service to support employees’ questions and assist with resolution.
- Understanding of dealing with HR sensitive confidential information.
- Ability to multitask – we are a small company, and this position will need to be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and work demands with interruptions while staying on track.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
Computer Skills Required:
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experienced with ADP Workforce Now or similar payroll and HRIS systems.
- Internet savvy – ability to do research on HR projects
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: HR Manager
On site required. Long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. May involve data inputting for extensive time periods in a day. Primarily in an office environment, occasionally in shop environment as required. Occasional shop floor environment to assist employees on shop floor with HR issues/questions or to collect timecard data to close payroll.
Periodic weekend or evening work if business needs require.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Must be “US PERSON” per ITAR requirements. Swift is an EEOC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com