Production Composite Laminator is a motivated individual who will be working closely with senior-level manufacturing team to fabricate composite components for Swift-Ops. This position has an emphasis on composite lamination supporting the production of Swift products and technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Apprentice is proactively developing and demonstrating positive progress in these duties and responsibilities)
- Fabricate compliant composite components, which will consist of: tool preparation, lamination, vacuum bagging, de-tooling, curing, finishing, and core shaping
- Understand and comply with expectations and requirements dictated by project schedules, travelers, task orders, work instructions, specs, and/or drawings
- Monitor, audit, and complete all paperwork, work orders, task orders, material traceability documentations as required
- Handle perishable materials accordingly
- Work effectively with engineering and other manufacturing team members to execute projects
- Support and comply with all quality standards and management systems (Swift Internal, NADCAP & AS9100)
- Elevate issues to management
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area (e.g. general shop floor, clean room, trimming area)
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and regulations
- 1+ year(s) work experience in composite lamination
- Ability to receive and execute tasks in accordance with manufacturing instructions and requirements with precision and in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting as required
- High School diploma or GED
- Effective verbal and written communication
- A US Person (Resident Alien or US Citizen) per ITAR requirements
- Ability to pass a background check
Preferred, but not required
- Experience in other forms of fabrication work (non-composite)
- Experience in composite pattern/ply cutting and development
- Experience in core prepping, cutting, sanding, trimming, forming, potting, and splicing experience
- Experience handling and using small tools
- Experience working in an aerospace/manufacturing environment
- Experience operating autoclaves, ovens, presses
- Ability to read and interpret blue-prints/drawings
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with automotive/commercial bodywork and finishes
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working inside a walk-in freezer maintained at -10°F.
Gerber Cutting System, fork lifts, computer, vacuum pumps, heat sources, various hand, electric and pneumatic tools, ladders, stands, mechanical stands, hi-reach lifts, autoclave, oven.
Open shop environment. Occasionally in warehouse, clean room, trim room, and walk-in freezer(-10°F).
Protective Equipment Required:
Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, respirators, breathing equipment.
Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, airborne substances, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Work shifts typically start at 6:00 A.M. with a 30 minute meal break.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Must be “US Person” per ITAR requirements. Swift is an EOE.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager for Swift-Ops
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org