Project Engineer II is responsible for all tasks pertaining to realization of parts / products, in coordination with all other departments within the company.
Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites. Project Engineer II ensures that a part / product are effectively and successfully realized and design / development projects are effectively and successfully executed. In addition to the skills required for Project Engineer I, Project Engineer II is expected to perform more specialized skills as well as managing a project that has broader engineering scopes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product / Part Design
- Tool / Jig Design
- Engineering calculations / analysis
- Create Engineering reports / presentations
- Create internal specifications and procedures
- Establishing product structures (Item, BOM, Routing, Customer spec summary, Manufacturing aide, etc.) in the company’s ERP/MRP system per operating procedures
- Communicate changes and deviations to Manufacturing by releasing revisions, red-lines and Engineering Orders through Senior Engineers
- Developing ply patterns and creating cut files
- Physical manufacture of parts and assemblies
- Create / support product and project estimation
- Customer spec review
- Proposal writing
- Contract review
- Contract change / PO review
- Project management task that could as required, which could include:
- Establish master schedule
- Coordinate, monitor and adjust schedule in coordination with other departments
- Coordination with shipping / receiving to assure that materials arrive with all required documentations
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance with first article inspections
- Interface with customers on technical and program related matters
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other degrees and experiences that are deemed equivalent
- 5 – 9 years experience in composites and other light weight structures design; or
- 5 – 9 years experience in mechanical and design; or
- 5 – 9 years experience in aircraft design; or
- 5 – 9 years experience in composite manufacturing processes and tool design
- Fundamental mathematics
- Fundamental physics
- Understanding of fundamental engineering disciplines such as mechanics of materials, mechanics and fluid dynamics.
- Sound understanding of composite materials and processes
- Work related experience in structural analysis a plus
- Aircraft design or vehicle dynamics background a plus
- Finite Element Analysis software experience a plus
- CAD (preferably Solidworks and CATIA V5)
- Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project
- Working connection with all of company’s programs and systems.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Engineering – Swift – Ops
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org