Project Engineer III is responsible for all tasks pertaining to realization of parts / products, in coordination with all other departments within the company. As a Project Manager the candidate will lead projects from design through manufacturing and install and leverage a highly-experienced team of engineers, designers, technicians, and contractors. The successful candidate will also be a high-energy leader who takes the engineering initiative to ensure our manufactured parts are world class, and that our manufacturing processes are both effective and continuously improve efficiency.
Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites. Project Engineer III ensures that a part / product is effectively and successfully realized and design / development projects are effectively and successfully executed. In addition to the skills required for Project Engineer I & II, Project Engineer III is expected to perform as mentor and advisors to the more junior engineers. Specialized skills as well as managing a project that has broader engineering scopes are also part of the function. As a Project Manager you will have the critically important role of leading projects that exceed our customers’ expectations while meeting company profit targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product / Part Design
- Provides leadership in product and part design activities
- Tool / Jig Design
- Provides leadership in tool and jig design activities
- Engineering calculations / analysis
- Create Engineering reports / presentations
- Create internal specifications and procedures
- Establishing product structures (Item, BOM, Routing, Customer spec summary, Manufacturing aide, etc.) in the company’s ERP/MRP system per operating procedures
- Communicate changes and deviations to Manufacturing by releasing revisions, red-lines and Engineering Orders
- Developing ply patterns and creating cut files
- Physical manufacture of parts and assemblies
- Create / support product and project estimation
- Customer spec review
- Proposal writing
- Contract review
- Contract change / PO review
- Project management tasks, which could include:
- Establish master schedule
- Coordinate, monitor and adjust schedule in coordination with other departments
- Coordination with shipping / receiving to assure that materials arrive with all required documentations
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance with first article inspections
- Interface with customers on technical and program related matters
- Approval of drawings, manufacturing aides, and Engineering Orders.
- Consult and advise junior engineers as necessary
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other degrees and experiences that are deemed equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) license is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in leading projects.
- 10+ years’ experience in composites and other light weight structures design; or
- 10+ years’ experience in mechanical and design; or
- 10+ years’ experience in aircraft design; or
- 10+ years’ experience in composite manufacturing processes and tool design
- Fundamental mathematics
- Fundamental physics
- Understanding of fundamental engineering disciplines such as mechanics of materials, mechanics and fluid dynamics.
- Sound understanding of composite materials and processes
- Sound understanding of drawing office practices
- Work related experience in structural analysis a plus
- Aircraft design or vehicle dynamics background a plus
- Finite Element Analysis software experience a plus
- CAD (preferably Solidworks and CATIA V5)
- Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project
- Working connection with all of company’s programs and systems.
- Proven Project Management skills
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Engineering – Swift-Ops
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org