Swift Engineering is seeking a Quality Engineer with experience in a composites manufacturing environment. Primary responsibilities include performing product acceptance within an ISO9001/AS9100 compliant Quality Management System (QMS). The successful candidate will work directly with quality engineering and manufacturing to verify compliance to customer requirements.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Corporate Quality
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with quality staff to perform receiving, in-process production (lamination, machining, assembly), and final assembly inspections and provide signoffs on compliant results in accordance with QMS requirements.
- Interprets engineering drawings, processes specifications, shop travelers, and manufacturing planning documents and sign-off on operations that meet inspection requirements.
- Works primarily in a clean room environment and verifies and maintains records of cleaning and environmental controls. Observes manufacturing process to ensure production is consistently meeting certifications and accreditations.
- Final inspection of product for next level assembly and/or in preparation for Source Inspection.
- Works with customer’s Source Inspector to ensure products meet customer requirements and that all necessary documentation is provided.
- Completes First Article Inspection documentation (FAIs) for production parts.
- Reviews data from autoclave cures and outside testing, performs visual light inspections of composites, etc. to determine if requirements have been met.
- Regularly uses basic inspection tools such as calipers, engineering rulers, height gauges, optical aids, multimeters, and micrometers.
- Works closely with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, and warehouse personnel.
- Prepares for and participates in AS9100, Nadcap, customer, and other industry audits (ASP, ASPL) in additional to preparing for and performing internal audits.
- Generates and processes records of nonconformance and corrective/preventative action requests.
- Resolve problems throughout manufacturing and QC processes.
- In-depth understanding of the inspection techniques and quality issues associated with composites.
- Advanced mathematical knowledge and understanding of testing data.
- Able to work closely in a collaborative environment with other engineers, technicians, and other QC staff.
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, materials science, or related field.
- 1-3 years related Quality Assurance experience.
- Experience in the aerospace and composites industry preferred.
- GD&T comprehension through experience and/or formal training.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to apply the core concepts of engineering including reading and interpreting engineering drawings to determine acceptable and non-acceptable criteria.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Primarily in a clean room and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work may be expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com