Swift Engineering Inc is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Description: Quality Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations / General Manager
Supervises: QC Engineers / QC Staff
Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites. Swift Ops provides service to customers, and provides functions including Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Production of internal products.
The Quality Manager maintains company-wide procedures essential to operating a company, and ensures that appropriate quality control measures are taken for services and products provided to customers. The manager takes care of this utilizing the QC Department resources which the manager supervises, as well as appropriate support from other departments within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, revise, review, release and audit company operating procedures and specifications on a regular basis to keep abreast with the evolution of the company, with support from other departments and Sr. Quality Specialist.
- Manage internal and external documents within the company’s document control system
- Oversee, motivate, mentor and evaluate QC Department’s employee performance
- Support and perform Internal Auditors’ training to ensure continual staff of trained auditors.
- Schedules and performs quality audits in adherence to AS9100, ISO9100, NADCAP Composites and Customer requirements and reports findings to the Senior Management.
- Manage the company’s corrective action plans and ensures timely resolution.
- Gather, analyze and manage quality related data.
- Manage quality activities to ensure company’s products comply to required quality standards including receiving, in-process and final inspections.
- Maintains list of all measuring equipment and tools and maintain them in a manner acceptable to the business. This includes periodic calibration, inventory and reporting of need to refurbish
- Receives and reviews all customer satisfaction surveys and customer contacts and complaints. Reviews complaint trends and product/component failure analysis; reviews corrective actions with appropriate personnel
- Create short, mid and long-term QC resource plan that is aligned with company strategy
- Will work closely to with other functions such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing, Contracts and Senior Quality Specialist.
- Manage Quality KPIs
- Must have Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience in manufacturing environment
- Advanced mathematical knowledge and understanding of testing data.
- 3 – 4 years of experience in managerial duties
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
- Must be familiar with industry standards and processes
- Strong data analysis capabilities
- Ability to interpret vendor Certificates of Conformance and supporting data in a context meaningful to the company’s operation
- Proven ability in managing an organization to keep on track of deliverables schedule. This includes, but not limited to; releasing official documents on time, conducting audits on schedule, submitting required reports on time.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Team player that looks at the overall company strategic picture as well as handling tactical tasks to keep projects running.
- Adaptable to a complex and ever-changing business environment.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) comprehension through experience and/or formal training.
- Proficient in computer technology and systems
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the relevant industry
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org