Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies. A Swift-X GNC Flight Software Lead Engineer ensures that Swift stays an innovative and disruptive company within the markets it serves and in new markets.
Swift is in search of a highly talented GNC Flight Software Engineer to work on and lead embedded projects including autopilots, sensors, and large vehicle integration and architecture. The ideal candidate would have experience with unmanned systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing real-time, embedded systems using custom or off-the-shelf operating systems.
The ideal candidate should also have a reputation for “hands-on” learning/building, quality, and work ethics. Swift is specifically looking for a technically sound, rapid-pace, entrepreneurial individual that understands the embedded engineering discipline and can easily manage projects for multiple technologies.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with peers to establish requirement for flight software
- Work with peers to define software and system architecture
- Source, select and analyze flight sensors
- Design and implement flight control algorithms
- Develop flight simulation programs
- Design and implement simple and reliable flight software
- Write Comprehensive unit tests
- Test software in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- Support all levels of requirements development, management, and verification
- Develop and maintain system and subsystem specifications, use cases, diagrams, ICDs, operational flow diagrams, and integration development
- Conduct and lead team through documenting trade studies
- Work on the board support package, drivers, and/or sensors/servo/motor interfacing, control, and logic for the vehicle’s avionics platform.
- Assist our Electrical Engineering team with component selection, bring-up and troubleshooting of custom hardware designs.
- Participate in the team’s software processes including requirement and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback and improvements.
- Attend strategic conferences
- Responsible for on-time, on-quality delivery of personal work
- BS or MS in aerospace engineering, computer science, robotics or equivalent field.
- 5+ years’ experience developing C++ for embedded, high performance and other critical application
- Experience working in DO-178 environment
- Previous experience shipping a product
- Through understanding of computer architecture, operation systems and networking
- Ability to work in self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Through attention to detail.
- Controls, Signal Processing, Safety Critical Software and/or Simulation
Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Software Lead
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected but limited.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org