Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for an unmanned Senior/Lead Avionics Software Engineer position located in San Clemente, CA. As the Senior/Lead Avionics Software Engineer, you will have a large impact on the Swift flight software stack. You will personally develop the avionics software, system architecture, establish requirements, reliable embedded software, lead software reviews, and test embedded software with software-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop, simulation, and flight test in partnership with the Vehicle Systems team. Software is an integral part of the flight vehicle and also requires deep care and attention to detail in order to fulfill our mission.
You will deliver highly reliable flight software for multiple product lines. Implementing best practices and ensuring high-quality code is also quite important as this is an opportunity to work on software that will be reused and iterated for future flights and vehicle upgrades. This position is multifaceted and you are expected to help build, manage and develop a highly technical team as we progress. The Senior/Lead Avionics Software Engineer would report directly to the Director of Software
Candidates must have a positive attitude, empathy, self-awareness, and a desire to continually improve/learn. The preferred candidate will sweat the small stuff, have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- /M.Eng. or PhD in Computer Science, Software Eng, or related field and 5+ years relevant experience
- Hands on experience and an in-depth knowledge of Avionic Systems, Flight Software and System Integration for aerospace products
- Experience with embedded development including board bring-up, RTOS, C++, and architecture required
- Agile scrum process knowledge
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Able to communicate clearly with staff at all levels.
- Version control practices such as Git as well as clear, well-documented and easy to maintain code
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience in startup or agile development environments
- Experience with Pixhawk controller and modifying/creating modules in PX4 and/or APM Flight Stack
- Familiarity with cybersecurity requirements for client-side execution and data sharing
- Demonstrated ability to work with control engineers to implement control laws into embedded controllers
- Computer vision-based navigation, detect and avoid, multi-sensor based landing system, and smart fail safe knowledge, experience or interest
- BVLOS operations utilizing satcomm, LTE,
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Software
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com