Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
We are looking for someone to help orchestrate and implement software testing for production and R&D software. This individual should be extremely driven, with good communication skills, and have a strong technical background as a previous member of a software testing team.
The right candidate will be familiar with the latest best practices in software testing techniques and processes including test automation as well as experience in creating both functional and performance tests.
The candidate should be able to collaborate with other engineers and guide proper design and refactorization, including identification of design patterns and ushering Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices. The candidate will also help isolate, reproduce, troubleshoot, and resolve various issues that arise during testing.
The candidate will be part of a medium-sized Scrum team and experience with Agile methodologies is preferred. The candidate must be willing to perform tasks and operate outside his/her direct job description and area of expertise including testing electronics hardware i.e. avionics / autopilots on Unmanned Systems.
Senior Software Test Engineer Responsibilities and Mindset:
- Create and manage test suites for software and limited hardware
- Keep up to date with latest best practices in quality assurance and testing
- Work with software developers to improve software quality by identifying design patterns, suggesting refactorization and optimization, and enforcing internal coding standards.
- Identify testing and quality assurance process bottlenecks and KPIs for product quality
- Create and present testing reports
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with typically 6+ years work experience as well as proven successful experience in software testing teams.
- Proficiency in C++, embedded RTOS and communication protocols (i.e. I2C, SPI, CAN) as well as application software testing including.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) including automated Build tools
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems required
- MATLAB experience preferred
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Software Lead
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org