The Staff Accountant is the primary support to maintaining the general ledger, cost accounting, financial procedures, GAAP compliance, ERP maintenance, and financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain account subledgers and reconciliations for various general ledger accounts.
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare adjusting journal entries.
- Review and maintain the ERP cost accounting set up and routine inputs/results and record applicable journal entries.
- Review work orders and purchase orders with operational personnel to take appropriate action in recording costs and revenues.
- Manage the fixed assets process and record applicable journal entries.
- Record all payroll related journal entries and provide applicable internal reporting.
- Calculate and maintain deferred revenue schedules.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end internal management financial reports.
- Prepare and submit external reporting requirements to third party agencies.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Support the assessment of current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with the preparation, review, and analysis of the financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Work with external auditors, prepare audit schedules, and respond to audit inquiries to support a timely and accurate completion of the year end audit.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and as business needs evolve.
Experience in accounting, managing processes, developing standards, analyzing information, financial software, and coordinating audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Complete and thorough understanding of manufacturing cost accounting and GAAP financial accounting practices.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- A good understanding of manufacturing ERP systems. Experience with Avante ERP system is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and reporting for government contracts and subcontracts in the aerospace and/or defense industry to support compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and U.S. government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and experience working with U.S. government agencies DCAA and DCMA is a plus.
- An organized collaborator with attention to details.
- Ability to deal with confidential company data and sensitivity to the data.
- A team player interested in the organization’s success and recognizes that an organization’s success is their success.
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Computer Skills Required:
Manufacturing ERP Systems
Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign
Cloud-based communications, remote access, cloud-based apps, and data retrieval.
Primarily in an office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Occasional travel may be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Description: Staff Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Accounting Manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org