Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented Systems Engineer position located in San Clemente, CA. The ideal candidate would have interest and/or experience with unmanned systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing systems analysis, performance analysis, systems architecture, radio integration, payload configurations, certifications and be generally excited about all things unmanned aerial systems. This position involves development from concept through implementation and testing, including flight testing (entire lifecycle). The Systems Engineer would report directly to the VP of Technology.
- S. in Mechatronics/Robotics, or M.S. in Aerospace, or M.S. in Electrical Engineering / other engineering discipline with equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with systems engineering and architecture involving requirements, verification, validation and large unmanned systems.
- Experience with software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop preferred
- 3+ years experience in system performance analysis, requirements management, and verification/validation within component/subassembly/system level breakdowns
- 3+ years experience in software regression testing for aerospace products
- Strong background for hands-on debugging and root cause corrective action testing
- Define advanced technology development requirements and update requirements.
- Develop requirements for future and current production systems
- Experience working with multiple disciplines to resolve issues or reach a collaborative position
- Experience evaluating customer operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical data and assure compatibility of program interface.
- Experience with requirements analysis, integration and test, and requirement verification
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- MIL-STD-810, MIL-HDBK-516, DO-178, DO-256, STANAG4703
- Possess an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Highly intellectual and analytical
- Challenge seeker who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP of Technology
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com