Swift Engineering Inc is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
The Systems Integration Engineer 1 role is for an engineer with experience with electro-mechanical systems through integration and test to commission a new electric drone aircraft. This includes work throughout the development lifecycle, from contributing to requirements at the system, subsystem, and component levels, creating test plans, specifying test station hardware and software needs, and performing verification and validation tests. They will develop end-to-end tests and demos (from software interface to over-the-air RF) to validate new hardware/software/firmware, characterize system performance, and demonstrate product capabilities.
Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide a high altitude, fully electric, autonomous drone aircraft to provide affordable, persistent intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, or other missions for both scientific and military applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop test procedures, test cases and testing scripts, for manual and automated testing, maintain testing records, document discovered problems, perform system operation, verification, and acceptance testing.
- Support the development effort required to specify, procure and integrate new subsystems into the aircraft both hardware and software such as electric motors, electric motor controllers, batteries, battery management systems, power distribution systems, RF tracking systems and autopilots.
- Perform duties of flight engineer during testing to ensure proper function of all subsystems during flights.
- Perform real-time ground station operations according to timeline, procedures, and flight rules
- Perform trade studies to define system requirements and optimizations
- Perform site maintenance and make upgrades and changes to existing systems
- Perform pre and post mission analyses
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required with minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience.
- Interest, experience, and/or classwork in electric powered aircraft or autonomous drones, including, but not limited to: systems engineering, hardware integration and testing, data acquisition and analysis, or systems architecture and design.
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
- Experience with CAD (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) to design and manufacture low volume, high precision components to aerospace specifications. Experience with carbon fiber and composites preferred.
- Preferred 5-years’ experience working in a hands-on shop environment
- Ability to meet time sensitive milestones under tight deadlines
- Experienced working in collaborative team group environments
- Experience with drone autopilot systems
- Experience with digital imaging sensors, cameras, and interfaces
- Experience with pointing and tracking systems including system design, hardware, and operations
- Experience with high voltage lithium battery systems
- Experience working with and organizing technical data with strong attention to detail
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org