Our company’s UAV Services team needs a motivated, results-driven Technical Sales Associate to help grow our domestic and international sales of UAVs and UAV services.
The successful candidate will understand the dynamics of a technical sale, which will include conducting both domestic and international customer flight demonstrations of our UAVs.
The candidate will have a good understanding of features, benefits and value proposition selling and will take on all sales responsibilities from generating leads to conducting product demonstrations and closing sales.
Our ideal candidate will deliver a professional technical presentation to customers and uphold the ideals and standards of our company. The successful Technical Sales Associate will constantly strive to meet all sales goals and exceed customer expectations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver excellent customer service that ensures ongoing sales and high-levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work with customers to determine their needs and then recommend the right product or service to solve the customer’s problem.
- Develop and cultivate strong buying relationships with customers both domestically and overseas.
- Help generate leads, close new deals and develop strategies to penetrate new markets.
- Conduct product demonstrations, which will include flying our UAVs both with domestic and international customers.
- Develop and implement new-sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key markets both domestically and overseas.
- Provide reports of field sales success, forecasts and communicate VOC data to the Director of Business Development.
- Assist the sales team in submitting quotes and proposals, as well as developing and implementing capture strategies to win the business.
- Assist in flight testing of UAVs & drones.
- Assist in the development of UAV & drone training and operational manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years work experience in the UAS/Drone industry is preferred.
- Experience in the aerospace/defense market is a plus.
- Can articulate complex concepts and processes in writing
- Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel. Dependable team player with positive “can-do” attitude.
- Computer and internet proficiency, experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge
- Well-organized with multi-task ability and time management skills.
- FAA part 107 license with 4+ years of SUAS operation experience preferred
- Extensive fixed wing SUAS and multi-rotor experience preferred
- Experience in designing and executing UAV/Drone flight plans preferred
- Military service is highly desirable
- Overseas experience and some foreign language is highly desirable
Office environment, indoors, air-condition. Occasionally may be in an open shop environment. 30% travel both domestically and overseas.
Some weekend or evening work may be required.
Field work while conducting UAV demonstrations at airfields and approved test sites
Manual dexterity with fingers to type, write, pick up objects. Ability to answer phones, speak clearly, listen and assist employees and customers.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Must be ITAR qualified. To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Sales and Business Development
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org