Swift Engineering Inc, is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Aircraft Crew Chief (ACC). You will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection, and preparation of all UAS assets within the program assigned.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X R&D Manager
The UAS Mechanical Engineer under Swift-X will provide updates, maintenance and sustainment of current and future product logs providing the value necessary to output high quality products and generate key revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update, maintain, and sustain all aircraft assets within the assigned program
- Update, maintain, and sustain aircraft subcomponent inventory
- Update, maintain, and sustain UAS maintenance records
- The ACC is the authority for aircraft access and operations while the aircraft is on the ground and not involved in flight operations
- The ACC alerts and notifies the Person/Pilot-In-Control (PIC) of any maintenance performed on the aircraft since the last flight
- Battery charging / discharging and logs
- Equipment Checklist
- Maintenance manuals and logs update before and after every flight
- Pre-flight aircraft checklists, inspection, and assembly
- Post flight aircraft checklists, inspections, and storage
- Update, maintain, and sustain documentation
- Track and remedy field issues
- Manage returned and/or repaired subcomponent inventory
- Support and maintain engineering processes
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years relevant experience in Mechanical Engineering and/or aircraft maintenance tasking and execution
- 2+ years in project management experience with hands-on tasks
- Proficient using CAD, drawings, and documentation tooling
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of aerospace products and fabrication, preferably Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain flight logs, maintenance logs, and details for pilot and flight crew input
- Strong motivation to help invent and improve UAS vehicle systems
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Able to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
- Motivation to document work and close out projects
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org