Swift Engineering Inc is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented UAS Chief Engineer position. The ideal candidate would have interest and/or experience with unmanned systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing aircraft, electrical systems, low weight structures, embedded systems and fabrication with high quality vendors within reliable systems. This position involves development from concept through implementation and testing, including flight testing (entire lifecycle).
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: UAS Program and R&D Manager
The UAS Chief Engineer owns the complete success of the program by ensuring the engineering needs of product development projects are met. The Chief Engineer owns the technical merits, requirements, and performance of the assigned products and services to ensure delivery. Supports business areas by creating Product Roadmaps, technical proposals, and project estimates in one’s respective area. The UAS Chief Engineer will drive technical and engineering conflicts to resolution and ensures the all project criteria are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and guide product development form both micro and macro levels
- Initiate deep dives to solve program and technical challenges with paths forward
- Ensures risks/issues/opportunities are communicated to affected stakeholders
- Mentors and guides engineering personnel to improve technical and leadership skills
The Chief Engineer assures:
- Appropriate engineering resources (personnel, equipment, etc.) are identified
- Product designs meet technical, performance, and quality requirements
- System Architecture is defined and flowed down to design teams
- Company-established methods, tools and processes are followed
- Engineering project budgets & schedules are realistic/achievable
- Project technical progress is tracked and communicated to assess project performance
- Technical risks are identified and managed.
- Stays up-to-date on industry technology advancements and application to BA roadmaps.
- Supports an environment where:
- Issues/concerns are openly discussed and addressed
- Successes and accomplishments are celebrated
- Provide clear communication with all stakeholders are actively involved in decisions
- Partners with senior leadership, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, and other groups in setting priorities, establishing strategic plans, and addressing issues that cross departmental boundaries
- Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline or equivalent as a minimum is required or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 12+ years’ experience in aircraft design and systems engineering required with UAV/aerospace experience
- Proficient understanding of software, autonomous control systems, GNC, and avionics development
- Demonstrate past success in solving complex technical program roadblocks with great results
- Must have planning, risk management, and scheduling experience to accelerate development timelines
- Must have experience with group motivation and discipline skills & demonstrated competence in the development of a high quality, motivated workplace
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com