Swift Engineering Inc, is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Description: Swift Engineering is looking for highly talented Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Electrical and RF Engineer-payloads. You will be responsible for research & development, upgrading & updating, maintaining the Avionics, RF subsystems, and payload system of an electric aircraft from product manufacturing to product end-of-life.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X R&D Manager
Purpose: The UAS Electrical and RF Engineer-payloads under Swift-X will be at the forefront of R&D for current and future products to advance our technologies’ positive impact on a global scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update, maintain, and sustain avionics and RF engineering drawings
- Update, maintain, and sustain aircraft subcomponent inventory
- Design, update and troubleshoot EMI/EMC to minimize noise in the system
- Develop wire harness design, fabrication drawings, electronics prototyping, soldering, analog and digital circuitry, high speed and low speed CAN
- Develop payload systems solutions to advance real-time data collection
- Establish integration, process, and procedures for payload systems operation
- Update, maintain, and sustain avionics and RF wiring harnesses and subsystems
- Implement incremental avionics design improvements
- Aid anomaly investigations and determine required avionics or RF repairs
- Support avionics and RF production activities
- Update, maintain, and sustain avionics engineering documentation
- Interface with distributors regarding product issues
- Track and remedy field avionics issues
- Support and maintain engineering processes
- Track electronic component obsolescence activities
- Lead electronic BOM cost-out activities
- 5+ years in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical engineering, physics, or other related discipline with equivalent experience
- Experience in Design or Test of embedded systems incorporating many of the following:
- Interface with ISM band radios (any of the: 900MHz, 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz bands)
- Communication protocols for narrowband and Spread spectrum (Direct sequence and or frequency hop cellular radios)
- EO/IR sensor devices /subsystems
- Analog and digital Sensor interfaces and protocols
- Control of Gimbal based devices
- Good understanding of board design and component placement/layout of mixed digital, analog, and RF electronics and antennas to prevent EM interference and susceptibility.
- Experience creating, tracking, and updating product Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Engineering Drawings
- Ability to create and review REV controlled electrical engineering drawings that helps to define and illustrate specific requirements, processes, and designs.
- High degree of comfort with using hardware and software test tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, Spectrum analyzers, Multimeters, RF power meters, vector scopes, antennae pattern analysis)
- Coordinates manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and design requirements
- Inspects completed installations and observes operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational & safety standards
- Troubleshoots complex systems such as avionics, embedded systems, and Radio Frequency (RF) links, supporting Flight Test operations
- Performs design and analysis tasks under general supervision and may be involved in developing budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs. Demonstrates familiarity with HDL programming, C/C++, PCB design process and UAV subsystems along with associated software
- Assesses root cause to critical issues and contributes to sustainability and reliability of products. Consistent in demonstrating ability to research and re-engineer to propose alternate solutions to issues. Demonstrates full understanding & knowledge of engineering principles within the specific technical discipline.
- Hands-on experience in integrating electro-mechanical systems
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com