Swift Engineering Inc, is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Mechanical Engineer. You will be responsible for updating, maintaining, and sustaining the Mechanical, Propulsion, and Structural subsystems of an electric aircraft from product manufacturing to product end-of-life. As the UAS Mechanical Engineer, you will be a key member of the Swift air vehicle integrated product team for UAS for both military and commercial markets. You will work with a multi-disciplinary internal team to resolve design and fabrication challenges, develop and fabricate all aspects of vehicle design from initial concepts to complete production-ready design, and you will be part of a fast-paced start-up culture to get UAS to market. A UAS Mechanical Engineer II should be well versed in UAS product design, structurally efficient designs, finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, thermal management, electronics integration, assembly integration and testing of UAS, and support the flight test team. Mechanical Engineering is an integral part of the flight vehicle and also requires deep care and attention to detail in order to fulfill our mission.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X R&D Manager
The UAS Mechanical Engineer under Swift-X will provide updates, maintenance and sustainment of current and future product logs providing the value necessary to output high quality products and generate key revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update, maintain, and sustain mechanical engineering drawings
- Update, maintain, and sustain aircraft subcomponent inventory
- Update, maintain, and sustain mechanical subsystems
- Implement incremental mechanical design improvements
- Aid anomaly investigations and determine required mechanical repairs
- Support avionics and RF production activities
- Update, maintain, and sustain mechanical engineering documentation
- Interface with distributors regarding product issues
- Track and remedy field mechanical issues
- Manage returned and/or repaired subcomponent inventory
- Support and maintain engineering processes
- Track electronic component obsolescence activities
- Lead mechanical BOM cost-out activities
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in composites, manufacturing, tool design, and other light weight structures design
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical or aircraft design using composites, metallics, or plastics
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis, Thermal Analysis, and Vibrations
- Proficient using SolidWorks and CAD Modeling
- Ability to create and review REV controlled mechanical engineering drawings that helps to define and illustrate specific mechanical requirements, processes, and designs
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of aerospace products and fabrication
- Demonstrated competency in solving mechanics, kinematics, and thermodynamics problems
- Experience with designing machined parts, tools, composite parts, injection molded parts, sheet metal parts, electrical wire harness assemblies, and mechanical assemblies for low, medium and high-volume manufacturing processes
- Able to solve basic structural dynamics problems
- Communicate changes and deviations to Manufacturing by releasing revisions, red-lines and Engineering Orders through Senior Engineers
- Strong motivation to help invent and improve UAS vehicle systems
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Able to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
- Motivation to document work and close out projects
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org