Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented UAS Program Manager position located in San Clemente, CA. The ideal candidate would have interest and/or experience with unmanned systems or satellite systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing aircraft, electrical systems, low weight structures, embedded systems and fabrication with high quality vendors within reliable systems. This position involves development from concept through implementation and testing, including flight testing (entire lifecycle). The Technical Program Manager would report directly to the VP of Technology.
The UAS Program Manager owns the complete success of the program and is responsible for the execution of company programs including cost, schedule, and technical performance. The PM oversees program life-cycle and manages all activities necessary to meet business goals and objectives. Acting as the central focal point and authority for one or more Programs’ execution, the PM provides a single point of contact for program activities to both internal and external customers
- S. in Aerospace, or B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or B.S. in Mechatronics/Robotics or other engineering discipline with equivalent experience
- 6-8 years experience with large systems integration and architectures involving embedded systems, lightweight structures, electrical systems including batteries, optics, RF communications, software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop testing. Experience includes system performance analysis, requirements management, and verification/validation within component/subassembly/system level breakdowns
- Demonstrate past success in solving complex technical program roadblocks with great results
- Proficient understanding of software, autonomous control systems, GNC, and avionics development
- Experienced in leading a multi-disciplined team to overcome program challenges to achieve success
- Candidates with spacecraft/satellite, UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- Management of the program throughout the program’s life-cycle
- Lead and guide product development form both micro and macro levels
- Initiate deep dives to solve program and technical challenges with paths forward
- Continues engagement and follow-up with team members to ensure tasks completion and implement course corrections as needed
- Ensures customer alignment and manage overall customer satisfaction
- Definition, implementation, and management of program controls and success criteria
- Identify, analyze, and manage all program-level risk
- Coordinates and aligns project teams and their inter-dependencies
- Establishes, communicates, and manages program priorities
- Aligns and informs stakeholders of program’s status and health
- Leads program meetings and program reviews with the customer and executive staff
- Develop and maintain program plans including budget, Estimate at Completion (EAC), resource allocation, and communications
- Support the creation and maintenance of product requirements
- Manages potential changes in program scope and advise leadership and customer of potential impact
- Actively support the Business Development team in bidding and capturing opportunities
- Assists and/or coordinates the preparation of cost and technical proposals. Ensures adherence to Company policies and processes
- Strong background for hands-on debugging and root cause corrective action testing
- Experience leading small, nimble R&D teams using risk-based schedule and cost reporting through processes and procedural documentation
- Possess an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Hands-on leader but open-minded to solve challenges in unconventional ways
- Highly intellectual and analytical
- Challenge seeker who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP of Technology
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org