Swift Engineering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly skilled UAS / RC Test Pilot position located in San Clemente, CA. The ideal candidate would have several years’ experience flying RC aircraft including fixed wing, helicopters and multirotor types with and without autopilots. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers providing your feedback and flight test reports to the team for further product development. Weekly trips to flight test sites will be required. The flight test sites are approximately a 30-minute drive to a 2.5-hour drive from San Clemente depending on the test site used. The UAS / RC Test Pilot will report directly to the Director of Flight Test.
Candidates are asked to insert into their resume a video web link showcasing their flight skills. Depending on the candidate, interviews may include a flight demonstration conducted by the candidate at a local flying site with the candidate’s aircraft.
- 4+ years’ experience flying remote-controlled fixed-wing aircraft without autopilots
- 4+ years’ experience flying remote-controlled vertical lift aircraft (helicopters or racing-quads)
- Experience with autopilots is preferred
- Experience tuning autopilots is preferred
- FAA Part 107 Certificate, or the ability to obtain one
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong background for hands-on debugging and root cause corrective action testing
- Flexible schedule to accommodate flight testing at any hour of the day
- Ability to obtain a security clearance if required by the program
- Possess a collaborative spirit with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Has great “stick skills” with an RC aircraft
- Loves being outdoors
- Enjoys hands-on work
- Challenge seeker who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly, courteous and respectful
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: R&D Manager
- Flight test days: Outdoors and on the road. Occasional lifting of heavy items such as generators, tables, batteries, etc.
- Non-flight test days: Indoors in a shop environment. Hands-on work to maintain the aircraft and flight test equipment. Sitting at a computer to update flight logs, upload videos, review data, type reports, etc.
- Travel to the flight test sites may involve a 2.5 to 3 hour commute each way. Some flight test sessions run consecutive days. If desired, overnight stays in hotels are permitted if the candidate does not want to commute.
- A few times each year, out-of-town travel is required for up to two weeks at a time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering is an EOE.
All employees must be “US Person” per ITAR Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com