Swift Engineering Inc, is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a highly talented Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Electrical and RF Engineer. The ideal candidate would have interest and/or experience with unmanned systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing real-time, embedded systems using multiple layout/schematic tools and fabrication with high quality vendors. This position involves development from concept through implementation and testing, including flight testing (entire lifecycle). You will be responsible for the Avionics and RF subsystems of an electric aircraft from design to fabrication to product manufacturing to product end-of-life.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X R&D Manager
The UAS Sr. Electrical Engineer under Swift-X will provide design, development, fabrication, assembly, testing, and delivery of products to the production team including documentation and acceptance test procedures (ATPs) providing the value necessary to output high quality products and generate key revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, development, fabrication, assembly, testing, and delivery of products to the production team including engineering drawings
- Update and maintain subcomponent inventory
- Update and maintain avionics and RF wiring harnesses and subsystems
- Implement avionics design improvements
- Aid anomaly investigations and determine required avionics or RF repairs
- Support avionics and RF production activities
- Update and maintain avionics engineering documentation
- Interface with distributors regarding product issues
- Track and remedy field avionics issues
- Manage returned and/or repaired subcomponent inventory
- Support and maintain engineering processes
- Track electronic component obsolescence activities
- Lead electronic BOM cost-out activities
- S. in Electrical Engineering / other engineering discipline with equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience with hardware schematics, layout, and board bring-up
- 7+ years’ experience with high power electronics and battery systems
- Experience with designs to minimize noise and EMI/EMC are a plus
- 5+ years’ experience with hands-on radio frequency testing and diagnostics
- 3+ years’ experience with Altium software
- Strong background for hands-on debugging and root cause corrective action testing
- Use of electronics principles including schematics, using Oscilloscope, Digital Logic Analyzer, multi-meter, microscope inspections
- Required to generate hardware requirements, design documents, validation testing plans, and schedules
- Electronics and Mechanical Background: Wire harness design/fab, electronics prototyping, soldering, analog and digital circuitry, high speed and low speed CAN,
- Candidates will be required to communicate ideas, test results, and collaborate in a calm/brainstorming verbal and/or written environment.
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org