Swift Engineering Inc is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Description: We are looking for someone that will be successful on a high-velocity scrum team supporting advanced Unmanned Systems with primary functions of system design, modeling and simulation including developing and extending software and hardware including “in-the-loop” simulators, testing and integration of avionics components and systems, and advanced autonomous development (path planning, deep learning for object identification). The candidate must have diversity in knowledge including aerodynamics, robotics, mathematics, physics as he/she will be working with engineers of varying disciplines. This individual should be extremely driven, with good communication skills, and have a strong technical background as a previous member of a successful R&D or production team.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Software – Swift-X
Purpose: Provide Software Engineering Support to SwiftX Software Team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages in System design, modeling and simulation
- Develops and extending software and hardware including “in-the-loop” simulators
- Tests and integrates avionics components and systems
- Develops / Prototypes advanced autonomous features (path planning, deep learning for object identification).
- Keep up to date with latest best practices
- Works well with others software developers in a high-velocity scrum team.
- Maintains a Flexible and highly collaborative mindset (Agile) and open to frequent and novel designs, processes, and workflows
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related technical field
- Experience: 1-5 years direct work or equivalent research experience (M.S. and Ph.D. related work applies if published) as well as proven success in development of simulation, robotics, and hardware & software integration including Unmanned Systems (UAS/UxS).
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals including aerospace or mechanical engineering (fluid dynamics, controls, system identification), math, physics required. Additional cross-functional or multi-disciplinary knowledge / project success is preferred.
- Proficiency in C++ / Python as well as application software testing.
- Must be knowledgeable in open source Autopilot stacks (PX4 / Arducopter)
- Must be proficient in Source Control Management (git and GitHub/Bitbucket)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) including automated Build tools (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems required (Ubuntu)
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily remote work environment with periodic office, shop, and local flight test environments. Must be local (between Los Angeles and San Diego). Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is not expected but may arise.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org