Swift Engineering Inc, is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to provide both Product Development and Manufacturing products and services, specializing in advanced composites, unmanned systems, robotics and associated technologies.
Swift Engineering is looking for a Systems Engineer with a solid background in mechanical systems, electrical systems, software systems, testing, and technical budgets to close autonomous system technical programs. Systems Engineering within Swift Product Lines handles requirements generation/maintenance, subsystem requirements management, and verification and validation (V&V) artifacts. A strong systems engineer will provide direction to the program on tools to manage requirements, help to drive conversations for broad topics such as autonomous functionality, work with team members for SRR/PDR/CDR level meetings, work on new products and sustain products, and help organize the system and subsystem teams for the successful delivery of the product line.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Swift-X R&D Manager
The UAS Systems Engineer under Swift-X will ensure technical excellence within our R&D team as we develop new processes and products to generate revenues for future growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for owning system and sub-systems requirements for the development of UAV products
- Organize, schedule, and lead key design reviews such as System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), and Critical Design Review (CDR) and others as necessary
- Lead the sustaining product ECR/ECO activities for new development, incident reporting, and corrective actions to implement incremental systems design improvements
- Lead efforts in generating and maintaining product performance, limitations, restrictions, product manuals, and training
- Organize block diagrams of the entire system and product(s) line, including block updates, and part/assembly numbering scheme (configuration management)
- Lead, update, and maintain, the systems engineering documentation and quality documents control initiatives such as acceptance test procedures (ATPs) and support Test Readiness Reviews (TRR)
- Lead software tools management to aid vehicle development and sustainment of systems performance updates
- Lead risk management accumulation to clearly communicate and facilitate decisions/priorities decisions
- Aid anomaly investigations to determine required systems validation and repairs needed
- Support and maintain engineering processes
- Bachelor’s degree in systems, software, aerospace engineering or other engineering related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the aerospace industry and 3+ years in systems engineering with
- A clear understanding of UAS System Requirements through all phases of the program, from Concept to Critical Design Reviews, Production, and Systems V&V
- Previous experience generating and maintaining vehicle system requirements from customer-derived performance expectations:
- Commercial and government UAS standards & specifications experience a plus.
- FAA Part 107 and COA experience a plus
- FCC short term authorizations (STA) experience a plus
- Airworthiness and Flight Readiness Reviews (FRR) a plus
- Previous experience flowing vehicle system requirements to sub-system requirements
- Ability to determine regression system requirements based on sub-system modifications
- Previous experience with coordination meetings to close verification and validation (V&V) planning and execution around Inspection, Analysis, Demonstration and Test (IADT) methods a plus
- Previous experience generating in maintaining technical budgets; (vehicle performance budgets, mass/CG, structural margins, electrical budgets, communications budgets, GNC sensor and I/O rates, RF link budgets, etc.).
- Previous experience in mechanical systems, electrical systems, communications systems, software systems, assembly, integration, testing for R&D and production assets
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
Primarily in an office environment, and shop environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Travel is expected.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com